Friday, February 12, 2010

Tarzan, Cap, the future, and a dude with a large head

There's cheesecake, and then there's cheesecake...
















And then there's Johnny Weismuller here. Wow. Those are some...defined abs.















Look, I wanted to stay away from cheap shots on Rob Liefeld. According to fans who have met him at Comic Con, he's a really nice guy and he's so in love with comics, and it would feel like kicking a puppy to me.

BUT HE MAKES IT SO EASY. Look at that: all these pictures of Cap were taken from a section of an issue of Deadpool: Merc With a Mouth that he drew. I think there were about three pictures of him in which his teeth were NOT firmly clenched together. He better be careful: if he doesn't stop grinding his teeth he could end up with gum recession and no one wants that.















Meanwhile, over in Agent X, we get to see what Emma Frost will look like in about twenty years.















All these pictures come from comics I have saved on my computer, but I can't even begin to guess who this guy is or which comic he's from. I'm thinking it looks kind of like Deadpool art, but I have no memory of Deadpool fighting a dude with a huge head who appears to be wearing a green toga. I have this saved as "brainchildmaybe" because I thought he looked kind of like Brainchild, but then I looked at an actual picture of Brainchild and the only thing they have in common is the huge head. Anyway, I enjoy this a lot because anytime there is an extremely angry looking man with a huge head shooting lasers that go "BRAZZAP", I am on board. I think the fact that it is out of context and surrounded in mystery just adds to my level of enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment