Thursday, March 25, 2010

Costumes I Like

You know how when you see a complete badass character doing something awesomely badass, and it just makes you so happy because IT'S AWESOME?
















This image did it for me. I absolutely love his redesign. Tasky's moved away from the over the top drama of his old costume and personality and turned into more of an antihero (or anti-villain, depending on how you want to look at it). I'm not too sure why I like the hoodie so much, but I do. It's so refreshing after the primary coloured spandex of old.

Also refreshing:

















Cassandra Cain's costume! Could it be? No belly button? No HH boobs? No mask that fails to conceal your identity AT ALL (I'm looking at you, Ms. Marvel)? No cleavage out the ying yang? I just...this fails to compute. But I kind of love it.

I wish I could take the first panel out of context and remove the word bubble. Then it's just her looking very confused (inasmuch as a person whose face is concealed can look confused) and holding a Wonder Woman doll.

But my favourite costume of all time has to be...

















Ha, I'm just kidding, I just put that in to make you feel uncomfortable.

That would be Deadpool, who refused to help the X-Men unless he got to wear Marvel Girl's costume. Fun fact: he was originally supposed to be wearing this costume the whole issue, but the artist didn't want to draw any more of that than he had to, and the writers decided it wouldn't be funny for that long.

I love Beast's reaction. Just the facepalm and calmly correcting Deadpool's assumptions.
"He'll change his mind, right Hank?"
"Give it six seconds, Scott."
"That's an eternity right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment