Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sound Effect Mania

I've had a bunch of sound effect pictures saved for an epic post, and that time is TODAY, my friends!


















Green Goblin is second only to T-Ray (and maybe Typhoid Mary) on my list of most hated villains, but he has some badass sound effects. BWOMF? Come on, that's awesome. If I ever write comic books, I would have so much fun making up the most random sound effects.

Plus I love puns.
















Booster Gold/Donkey Kong crossover: SO WRONG, IT'S RIGHT.


















I'm sorry, but I have NO IDEA what KRAKKA KRAKKA FOOM is supposed to sound like in real life. Maybe the FOOM part, but not the
KRAKKA KRAKKA.


















Ditto for RRAKKOOOO. Half
the time I think the writers are just fucking with us with some of these sound effects.

PS: I like that Hal/Parallax says "Gnats" when something goes wrong.















Like RUMP? Come on, that's a noun, not a sound effect. Parenthetically, I have no idea what comic this is from. I should label my pictures better.
















So that's the sound that grabbing a hidden recorder from a dbag in a weird looking wetsuit makes.














If you've ever wondered what it sounds like when your fake parents from another universe make a cake come into existence out of thin air...now you know.













On the other hand, this is a great representation of what it would sound like to get your heart removed by Zombie Ted.















Fred Van Lente is, hands down, the king of sound effects. Sproy bloom? It makes NO SENSE but it's AWESOME.

PS: This is my only exposure to Namora, and I LOVE HER despite the fact that she is for some reason in love with her cousin Namor, he of the Spock eyebrows and scaly Speedos.

Edit: Apparently Namor and Namora are NOT related by blood, making her crush less uncomfortable. I still ship Namora/Herc though.

No comments:

Post a Comment