Monday, January 24, 2011

My, my, aren't we bloodthirsty?
















Luke Cage: the gift that keeps on giving. This dude lost his hand and had it replaced WITH A MACE. That takes a spectacular lack of foresight. For instance, how does he wipe? Cook? Type?















This is, hands down, the best letter ever sent to the comics pages. It starts out normal enough: "Dear Spider-Girl: I just wanted to say, yaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhoooooooo! What a great ride this has been so far!" Okay, normal letters fare...then it goes COMPLETELY OFF THE RAILS. I talk about Kevin Smith's stories going off the rails, but this is more insane than (spoiler) Ollie's rich benefactor turning out to be a Satanist who conjured a demon who turned out to be his grandson's best friend and then later getting eaten by said demon. The letter then continues: "I can't wait to see how Peter and MJ will die and what other tragic things will happen in May's life."

WTFFF?? I'm so glad I read the letters pages because this made me laugh SO HARD, you don't even know. Who says that? The best part is that it starts out so happy and then keeps that happy tone throughout the whole insane letter, even when he's talking about how he can't wait to see Peter and MJ die.



















Poor J'onn. He doesn't argue. He just takes it like a man (Martian).

No comments:

Post a Comment