Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's an MC2 Kinda Day

Lately I've been reading a lot of MC2 universe. It's an alternate universe in Marvel set 15 years in the future and mainly features second generation superheroes.














This gentleman's name is Freebooter or some such, but my mind knows him as Batroc because of his weird little French mustache. That's J2 in the back there, the son of the Juggernaut (bitch) and some kind of annoying Quicksilver clone.















Here's a conversation I had with my brother.
Me: I hate Franklin Richards.
Jonas: So does the rest of the world. It's okay.
Franklin hasn't really done anything to make me believe he's a huge tool...it's just his whole FRANKLIN RICHARDS persona. He has this mullet and he always looks really smug. And his superhero name is PSILORD. Like, please, Franklin, be a little more narcissistic. Supposedly he's a heartthrob in the MC2 universe and May AKA Spider-Girl has a crush on him. OBVIOUSLY THE BUZZ IS A BETTER CHOICE.















This is Rina AKA Wild Thing AKA the daughter of Wolverine and Elektra, which is SO RANDOM. Anyway, I love her character design. Her hair, which is definitely reminiscent of Wolverine's but still works for her is the best part. The resemblance to her father is subtle, but still there.














I also really love her costume. I mean, aesthetically, I think it's kind of ugly. As an amalgam of Wolverine's and Elektra's costumes though, I think it's really well done. The yellow bodysuit is very her but the yellow comes from Wolverine's costume. She also has those shoulder pads/epaulettes that Wolvie has. The two masks are also similar. However, the red ribbons come from her mom's costume. You can see where each individual piece comes from, but together they make a costume that's purely hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment